Optoma GT1080.. any 4K very short throw replacements out?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-17-2020, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Optoma GT1080.. any 4K very short throw replacements out??

Hello all, I have a brief but big decision ahead and would like your input..

So.. I've had my Optoma GT1080 powering my 120" diagonal screen in my room. I'd like to make the jump to 4K.. but I've not found any short throw projectors out there that can project NATIVE 4K from the same distance! (none of that pixel shifted stuff PLEASE)

My GT1080 is ceiling mounted 6 feet away, lens is 5.5 (66 inches) feet away from the screen.. so are there any 4K projectors that can manage this (without any keystone hopefully)? Please share your findings.

And if you're going to mention Ultra Short Throw projectors.. it has to have a distance from the bottom of the projector to the bottom of the image (Vertical Offset) of CLOSE to 4 inches, or at least be very low.. otherwise I'd have to cut a hole in my desk at the front of the room, & mount the projector deep in a hole in my desk, lol.

Pic of my setup note there's 2 inches from the top of the screen to the ceiling, 4 inches from the bottom of the screen to my desk, and about 7 inches from the sides of the screen to the walls (the measured screen area is about 60in by 106in, about 120 diagonal):

Optoma GT1080 @ 120" diagonal
Bose Lifestyle 25 Series II

Last edited by CubanLegend; 06-17-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Tags
4k projector , optoma gt1080 , short throw projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page