Any way to bitstream EVERYTHING from PC? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-17-2020, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Any way to bitstream EVERYTHING from PC?

I have my PC connected to my AVR and an Atmos / DTS:X speaker arrangement. I have "Dolby Atmos for Windows" enabled in the Windows audio settings and playing the Dolby app, games like SotTR, RE:2 Remake, watching movies, Netflix, etc. all work perfectly fine and force the switch to bitstream and output audio correctly, exactly the way it should. Separately, everything that plays in 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM also allows me to upmix using Dolby Surround Upmixer or DTS: Neural X and that's great.

My issue is that for all other sounds that aren't pre-encoded in Atmos / DTS:X or 5.1+ LPCM, I can not use DSU or DTS: Neural X as all Windows does is output 2 channel stereo but through a multichannel PCM encoded signal.

What this causes is for my home theater to only have sound from the front L + R speakers as well as the Height L + R speakers. There are zero sounds from the center or any of the base layer surrounds

My ideal would be for my receiver to play back ONLY 2 channel when 2 channel content is playing and switch automatically to 5.1, 7.1, Atmos, DTS: X, etc. when that content is playing.

And to reiterate, the reason I want this is so that I can use the Dolby Surround Upmixer or DTS: Neural X to upmix my stereo, 2 channel sources to Atmos and DTS: X.

AFAIK this is not possible with anything available for the PC but if somebody, somewhere knows something I don't, PLEASE let me know!

Thank you kindly.

sspears:
(Rules? Rules? In Television???? Thou shalt not oversaturateth red. RGB shall be thy rod and thy staff; there shall be no other color space before thee.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Gaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page