LG unveiled their lineup of 14 new LG OLED models at CES 2020. This lineup includes three new GX Gallery series 4K Ultra HD TVs, 88” and 77” class real 8K models, new 8K and 4K LG NanoCell LCD TVs, and an all-new 48” OLED screen.
The 48″ OLED CX looks like it could be the dream screen for gamers. It’s packed with gaming-friendly features like HGiG mode, VRR, ultra-low latency, HDMI 2.1 and G-SYNC compatibility. It’s enough to earn it an AVS Forum Best of CES 2020 award.
LG’s 48″ OLED CX Gaming TV is an AVS Forum Best of CES 2020 award recipient
Some new features for the upcoming lineup are the following:
- The latest 8K and 4K LG OLED, and 8K LG NanoCell TVs employ the new α9 Gen 3 AI Processor. The α9 brings upgraded processing power and AI deep learning algorithms to improve picture quality and allow for all-new specialized features.
- The all-new minimalist Gallery Series employs an ultra-thin form, such as having the 65” model be a slim 0.79” thin. The Gallery Series comes with a specially-designed wall mount to hang completely flush on the wall, living up to their artful name as piece of art.
- The GX Gallery series 4K UHD models join their new family – the LG OLED WX Wallpaper series and LG SIGNATURE OLED R – to provide easy space integration.
- The 2020 LG OLED ZX Real 8K models are 88” and 77”- and 77” and surpass the measurement criteria recommended by the International Committee for Display Metrology. These TVs are among the first to earn the new CTA 8K Ultra HD logo.
- The new 48” LG OLED TV gives incredibly sharp picture quality with 8 million-plus pixels on the 48-inch screen, making it comparable to that of a 96” 8K TV.
Then there’s all that’s going on with the OLED TVs. The 2020 LG OLED TVs bring the cinema into your home thanks to support for Dolby Vision IQ, the UHD Alliance’s new Filmmaker Mode, and Dolby Atmos sound. To elaborate, the UHD Alliance’s new Filmmaker Mode disables certain post-processing effects like motion smoothing, noise reduction, and sharpening while perfectly preserving correct aspect ratios, colors and frame rates. Combined with great sound and Dolby Vision, you’ll be closer than ever to filmmakers’ intentions.
LG’s new 2020 TV are also excellent for gamers and sports fans. The TVs all feature unparalleled variable refresh rate and ultra-fast response time, as well as being the industry’s first to feature the HDR Gaming Interest Group’s HGiG Mode. The HGiG Mode is for gamers to enjoy high quality visuals as game creators and developers intended. For sports, the LG TVs offer Sports Alert to help users to keep track of their favorite teams and schedules and notifies them as soon as a team scores. Users can select their favorite teams to receive updates at the start of a match, whenever a team scores and when the game ends.