1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full article here .

Access Hollywood

updated 2:48 p.m. CT, Mon., Aug 10, 2009

LOS ANGELES - Tom Cruise's son is getting ready to for battle.

Connor Cruise will star in the remake of the 1984 film Red Dawn, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Also joining the 14-year-old Cruise as soldier-fighting Wolverines in the remake are Isabel Lucas, Josh Hutcherson and Edwin Hodge.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
In the remake thread I posted that I actually looked forward to remakes because they usually are based of a previously good story and have a chance to be great movies. This, in my opinion, doesn't qualify.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.greenway /forum/post/16977856

I've had my fill of remakes. Rather watch the original on Blu-ray

/get off my lawn

+1

The original cast makes this movie. I would rather see the original re-mastered and released on BR.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Just watched the original for the first time ever last week. It had its moments, but was definitely a product of its times. Will the remake be set in the cold war era, with the Soviets as the Big Bad? Or, will the remake have the Wolverines fighting terrorists?

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I'm not sure how a remake could be made based now. theirs not really any one who could overpower the US like the USSR. maybe NK or china.. at least some one who could become an enemy. maybe it starts when canada bombs the baldwins home

·
23,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/16985925

I'm not sure how a remake could be made based now. theirs not really any one who could overpower the US like the USSR. maybe NK or china.. at least some one who could become an enemy. maybe it starts when canada bombs the baldwins home

If the title is to fit, then you'd think it would have to be a communist country invading. It will be interesting to see what they do, but I'm not getting any hopes up.

larry

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Deleted post

I guess my post was overboard 'for this forum' about plot ideas huh?

Understood

But you have to admit it would sell

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/16985925

Canada?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Where the threat Larry mentioned is coming from is sadly obvious, but one cannot say it here.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/16986645

Where the threat Larry mentioned is coming from is sadly obvious, but one cannot say it here.

Right on both counts

·
Registered
10,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/16980411

Just watched the original for the first time ever last week. It had its moments, but was definitely a product of its times. Will the remake be set in the cold war era, with the Soviets as the Big Bad? Or, will the remake have the Wolverines fighting terrorists?

The Chinese, it's in the link.

·
Registered
28,700 Posts
Cruise's two children from the marriage with Nicole Kidman were adopted. He didn't biologically father a child until the Katie Holmes affair. Likewise, Kidman's first biological child is the one she had with Keith Urban.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts