AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After browsing through this forum I got the impression that the Sears/Craftsman Auto Switch is a commonly used (and proven) device to control fans in PJ hush boxes. So I went out and bought one for my hush box project for an Infocus/Screenplay LS110. My initial tests show that the switch only works with the lamp being the trigger, not just the PJ fans. I am a little worried that the box/PJ might overheat after shutting the PJ off. What has been your experience here?

I am also thinking about lowering the threshold of the switch so it responds already to lower currents (i.e. from the PJ fans). I was wondering if anybody tried this yet or at least could indicate which electronic components would need to be swapped.

Thanks!

______

Axel

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From their website :

"Craftsman Auto Switch

Automatic Switch allows you to turn on your power tool and energize your accessories simultaneously! Only 110 volts so it's ideal for use with table or radial saws and dust collection systems."

...and I like to add ... so it's almost ideal for use with projectors to control those hushbox fans...

_______

Axel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.