AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d share this just in case it helps…

Brought home a new RTV 5040 and after using the RTVPatch2.1.3beta.exe on a new Western Digital 180 GB HD model WD1800JBRTL. I followed the instructions exactly and all messages indicated the patch completed successfully. However, when starting the upgraded unit, I received the “Please Wait†screen. After 10 minutes, I rebooted and again received the same massage…

I opened the case back up and moved the jumper from MASTER to CS and BINGO, after about 1 minute on the Please Wait screen, it moved onto the One Moment Please and then onto a fully operational 182 HR (standard Quality) beauty. Problem resolved.

The drive is clearly marked right on the jumper so there is no doubt it was on MASTER when it failed. I didn’t believe it would have a problem with the MASTER setting but simply changing it to CS corrected the issue.

Thanks to the entire team who made RTVPatch possible.

The actual program has worked flawlessly last year on my 3060 and now on my 5040.

cheers,

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanx 4 the hedzup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem with the 5040. The Hard drive has to be on CS to work correctly.

Have you had any problems with the 5040 freezing and having to be rebooted??

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No,

I’ve had no unsolicited problems since upgrading the unit…

I have locked up the unit, which in turn automatically rebooted, during a record of one of my favorite shows when I tried to upload photos during the record… A dedicated thread talked about this (also read the same about using ReplayPC during records) so, since then I’ve quit uploading during records and I’ve had no problems…

Cheers,

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 5040, i originally upgraded it with an 80gig maxtor, had no problems.

Since then i switched the drive to an 80gig 7200rpm western digital, the upgrade process went fine. Ever since then at odd times when watching recorded shows they will freeze for a couple seconds here and there.

Has anyone seen this before? im pulling my hair ou trying to find a solution.

Thanks!

:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.