AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I sanded the room over three evenings this past week. I hate sanding so I just did a little at a time. Cleaned it all up this morning and then did the knock down texture. Then started building the riser. Tomorrow I will finish the riser while my wife primes the room. Then paint this week and I can start installing lights and electrical! I need to also schedule carpet which could be 4 weeks out :( I may not make Memorial Day weekend...

Tool of the day goes to the acrylic knock down knife. I had never used one (have been using a metal one for all the other jobs I have done in the house) and this thing ROCKS and made it INCREDIBLY easy and it looks professional. If you are doing knock down do yourself a favor and get one of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
Looking good. Are you going to fill the riser with Roxul? You might be able to buy the carpet from Home Depot and get a carper contractor in your area to do the install sooner than 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Nice job on the ceiling!

RE carpet installer I found one on CL that did mine HD wanted like $2300 to do the riser and stage and wouldn't install the HTmarket carpet on the floor, it was $500 and he did a great job. Full disclosure I did call 5 references he provided and he performed as they advised he would.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Man it feels good to be done with drywall!!! Got the room primed today and finished the riser. It was very easy compared to drywall work :) I hope to get it painted this week so can start installing electrical and speakers.

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
Did you guys get one wall painted gray as well it looks like? I like that color if that is the actual paint color. I actually love it!!! Did you spray the primer and roll the paint? You guys work fast!!

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
Oh man you have no idea how bad I want to just set it up and go! I need to work on my list to see everything that is left. I think it will be a lot longer than I think. :frown:
Paint your baseboards while not on the wall and dry fit them but don't put them on until after the carpet. The carpet installers will bang up the paint on the bottom of the wall but the baseboard will cover it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
It is not screwed to the back wall. But the back wall is not too straight or my cutting of the OSB is not too straight so the OSB is touching in a couple of places. The framing is not touching the wall. The thing must weight 300-400 pounds so I don’t think it will move.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Hard day today but lots of progress.

Made a window plug.

Screwed drywall to the windows.

Then filled the one side with pink fluffy and covered with OSB then 1 piece of drywall then green glue then another piece of drywall.

Then built a frame to insert.

Then filled and covered it.

Then started building the “door”.

Then attached.

It was really heavy!

Wife finished painting and I installed a few lights. More tomorrow!

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
Hard day today but lots of progress.

Made a window plug.

Screwed drywall to the windows.

Then filled the one side with pink fluffy and covered with OSB then 1 piece of drywall then green glue then another piece of drywall.

Then built a frame to insert.

Then filled and covered it.

Then started building the “door”.

Then attached.

It was really heavy!

Wife finished painting and I installed a few lights. More tomorrow!

That window setup is sweet. Still able to use as an easement if need be. But outside sound is significantly decreased. Your wife did a great job with the painting. I love that color.

101 - 120 of 280 Posts