AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and searched and could not find a thread that mentions the Many Faces of Bond Marathon on Universal HD. If it exists someone please show it to me. I have been watching some of the movies today and they definately will not be in the sightings of truly OAR stuff. They are zoomed or cropped badly but they showed View to a Kill and OHMSS today which are not available on blu-ray.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Recorded them, started watching OHMSS last night, but only made it about 10 minutes in before the first of what I can assume are many comercials. Deleted them. Sigh.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also recorded and am watching A View To A Kill for the second time. You cannot get these on blu-ray so I guess I can tolerate commercials, but I wish these were OAR! Maybe they will make it to blu-ray hopefully.

·
Registered
17,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka2 /forum/post/17046295

I also recorded and am watching A View To A Kill for the second time. You cannot get these on blu-ray so I guess I can tolerate commercials, but I wish these were OAR! Maybe they will make it to blu-ray hopefully.

Maybe not A View to a Kill, but several others are out on BD:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...rnid=387545011

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I watched A View To A Kill for the second time from my recording I have to admit there were many commercials, but I still enjoyed it. I know many Bond movies are available on blu-ray. I think there are twelve if you count Never Say Never Again which was shown OAR tonight on this channel. I did not record it because it's available but I like to see OAR. OHMSS and A View To A Kill are not available on blu-ray and were therefore worth recording because I enjoy them and would buy them in blu-ray if I could. Goldfinger is on Universal Tuesday night and will most likely look okay because I do not think it was as wide as the others but I will not record it because I already have it on blu-ray. Thursday I will definately be recording Octopussy and The Living Daylights because again these are not available yet on blu-ray. If The Living Daylights is not OAR hopefully it is being shown soon on MGM and I think they usually use OAR so I will try to record it there. The Man With The Golden Gun is on Universal Thursday evening but this one is available on blu-ray.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, I got most of them off of Encore HD earlier this year. The ones that aren't 2:35 look great, I think the first 3, Live and Let Die, and Golden Gun are that way. And, being that OHMSS is hardly ever on, it was cool to get, albeit full screen. MGM HD usually only shows the Brosnan Bonds, so don't get your hopes up for seeing any of the older ones on there, though I'd like them for OAR, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts