AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the 08 onkyo recievers? i really like the 605 model but i want to wait for the 08 version of the 605, cuz it should have one more hdmi imput.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i havnt heard anything!

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
haven't heard anything either, but you can bet that they'll only be getting better.

I picked up my 805 3 weeks ago and I'm as happy as can be.

I'm sure they'll straighten out the lip-sync and add hdmi up-scaling.

I'm sure the problem they run into is what "features and technology" to include in what model.

For instance, outside of the extra hdmi's and hdmi upscaling, the 805 is already dressed up like a caddy.

I think they'll try to roll out a "806" that includes some type of networking ability. Wireless digital music with a digital video interface. yum.

james

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be cool if they can get some wireless technolgy into the 805. i was at circuit city today looking at the new onkyo recivers, and when looking at the 605, 705 and 805, the 805 just looked like a beast! so i hope they improve the lip sync issue, cuz that would really really bug me!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I remember reading something on Cnet about a possible onkyo with Dolby Volume. Other than that I haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
816 Posts
When have the new models generally come out? Is there a "season" when manufacturers introduce new lines?

I have a way to force a new model. I can guarantee that if I pull the trigger on that 705 I've been looking at, the 706 will be out within a month!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know i am the same way, i know once i buy one of the 705 or 805s the new model will come out. i wish that the 606 would have a third hdmi input.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKyL /forum/post/12972880

I remember reading something on Cnet about a possible onkyo with Dolby Volume. Other than that I haven't heard anything.

What's Dolby Volume? Nevermind, I just googled it and found out. It sounds like a great feature

·
Registered
3,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdpw /forum/post/12972963

i know i am the same way, i know once i buy one of the 705 or 805s the new model will come out. i wish that the 606 would have a third hdmi input.

This probably repeats year over year... generation by generation ...

If You wait long enough there will always be next years model(s) lurking...

Manufacturers try to stimulate consume by producing line after line and model after model in ever shortening cycles, so You are "forced" to review Your investments and installations on an almost "daily" basis ...

Just look at the automotive industry... model after model with miniscule technical modifications and "major" design variations year after year.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
has anyone else heard anything on the new onkyos?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I need to get a receiver, but I'm waiting for the Onkyo receivers with Dolby Volume to be released, before I buy.

The wait is painful...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts