AVS Forum banner

does yours buzz and do you care

• it buzzes and it bothers me at my main viewing location

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • it buzzes slightly, not noticeable at my main viewing location, not worried

• sometimes i hear a buzzing at my main viewing location, sometimes i don't, not worried

• it does not buzz at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, please describe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 3454 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have any new B series Sammy let us know if you have the "buzz" and if it bothers you or not.

also tell us what model and size it is.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for me, sometimes i notice it. 90% of the time i don't and the times i do notice it, it is no worse then the high pitch whine crt's make. it is very very faint. it does not concern me one bit.

my display is a 58B560

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/16405461

I wonder if this thread will get as much attention as the Kuro buzz thread

these 09 sammys are getting a lot of attention so i think it might.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/16405461

I wonder if this thread will get as much attention as the Kuro buzz thread

Oh ohhh. Should I also expect top see a blotching and dirty screen threads and polls?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/16405499

Oh ohhh. Should I also expect top see a blotching and dirty screen threads and polls?

nope.

·
Registered
176 Posts
42" PN42B450

I voted for the second choice. I would like to add that by slightly I mean very, very, slightly, and absolutely no chance of hearing it at my main viewing location.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Donor /forum/post/16405537

42" PN42B450

I voted for the second choice. I would like to add that by slightly I mean very, very, slightly, and absolutely no chance of hearing it at my main viewing location.

how far do you sit from it? straight in front of it?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/16405568

Maybe a black level poll

maybe, although i'd rather just see a real measurement and have the real answer.

the blacks on my B560 could be blacker but they are black enough to me. nothing to be upset about. i wasn't willing to spend my whole saving account on a pro Kuro so i knew what i was getting into.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/16405585

maybe, although i'd rather just see a real measurement and have the real answer.

the blacks on my B560 could be blacker but they are black enough to me. nothing to be upset about. i wasn't willing to spend my whole saving account on a pro Kuro so i knew what i was getting into.

Oh this was just a response back to disco it goes back years now
You have agreat unit!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/16405679

Oh this was just a response back to disco it goes back years now
You have agreat unit!

thanks, i think so to.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks to you all!! I have a 7 year old crt that I have never heard buzz until I read all of the buzz posts. I decided to go see what my crt does. Low and behold it buzzes. Thanks again now after 7 years of bliss I have a buzzing TV. LOL.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 /forum/post/16405703

Thanks to you all!! I have a 7 year old crt that I have never heard buzz until I read all of the buzz posts. I decided to go see what my crt does. Low and behold it buzzes. Thanks again now after 7 years of bliss I have a buzzing TV. LOL.

there ya go people, even good ole crt's buzz.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 /forum/post/16405703

Comedy! LOL

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/16405568

Maybe a black level poll

Actually, you may be on to something. That may be of especial interest to those who make that a foremost priority.

·
Registered
152 Posts
PN58B650. Buzzing is audible from my viewing position when the TV volume is low. Can clearly hear it change pitch when the brightness of the picture change. Quite annoying. I also notice image retention when I had a DVD menu displayed for a few minutes.

·
Registered
517 Posts
58B560. Buzzes only when sitting directly in front of the middle of the TV, and it still annoys me. Because of that I no longer sit in that spot.

1 - 20 of 3454 Posts