AVS Forum banner

does yours buzz and do you care

• it buzzes and it bothers me at my main viewing location

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • it buzzes slightly, not noticeable at my main viewing location, not worried

• sometimes i hear a buzzing at my main viewing location, sometimes i don't, not worried

• it does not buzz at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, please describe

Votes: 0 0.0%
3401 - 3420 of 3454 Posts

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
Well, my TV finally came back after 30 days in two different shops without a replacement (my only) TV. I only had it for a month. Samsung declares it normal. Hmm, why did you try fixing it for 1 month if it's normal. Wouldn't that only take a day to figure out. Then I called their star service, more like we'll poop on your face if you call us service. I'm compiling my arguments and I'll be talking with them again.

Next up is set it on fire and tell them it self combusted, come and fix it

·
Registered
63 Posts
So does anyone know if the c6500 and the c6400 are the same as far as PQ and features go or are they 2 totally different tv's because i am getting the c6400 next week and you can get the c6500 at any store anywhere close to where i live i ask and they say they have never heard of it and don't have it on order. anyone shed some light??

·
Registered
22 Posts
C6400 and C6500 are the same TV...They seem to have the same specs....I am in Canada and they are selling the 6400 at BB....If u look into the US stores they carry the 6500 ....so its pretty much the same TV for diff country's I guess!!

The only thing u should really worry about is DIRECTIONAL BUZZ!!

Please let us know once u get if U hear a BUZZ at 10 ft away from the center with TV volume on low or better yet, muted!!???

·
Registered
721 Posts
My B650 buzzes ONLY straight on. Move a foot to the left or right and its gone. Whats more is, the buzz only can be heard emitting from the ventholes at the very top of the set, not the rear ventholes, and not the front of the screen. If I cover those holes with a towel or even some masking tape, the buzz is gone.

I'm deciding between keeping this or grabbing the LG 550 instead(no AR filter
). might pick up some sound dampening material or spray and call it a day. Im really sick of exchanging sets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Before taking the leap on a C6500, I'd also like to see a review that mentions whether or not the panel takes a big leap backward in black level (like the C7000). This is in addition to requiring that it buzz normally.

I'm leaning more and more towards LG everyday.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparknova /forum/post/18583671

Before taking the leap on a C6500, I'd also like to see a review that mentions whether or not the panel takes a big leap backward in black level (like the C7000). This is in addition to requiring that it buzz normally.

I'm leaning more and more towards LG everyday.

Seems like the 450, 550, 7000, and 8000 owners are playing buzz roulette as well, but not to the extent of the B models. Still early on the 6500 models. Need to decide if I want to deal with the buzz or the glare.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm hoping the PK950 handles glare better than the PK550, though there aren't any US reviews that I can find. This will also put me a several hundred dollars above a C6500 or PK550, at least based on Crutchfield's pricing (the only place I see a PK950 for sale).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am getting the c6400 in about a week or i will out in through a good testing for buzzing and black lever however i was in 2001 audio video today and they just got in the c6400. it was in there darkened plasma room that they have the black levels where honestly really good they where defiantly on par with the b850 right beside it (the guy told me the c6400 was the b850 replacement hopefully he was right) so i was expecting the black levels to be decent. as for buzzing i made the guy turn off all the audio in the room (we are friends so it wasnt a big deal) i put my head all around the tv at eye level i went close up than far away looking like a jackass by the way, and i can hoestly say i didnt notice any buzzing, unless my head was right behind the unit. so i mean compared to last year i really think there is a good chance that you wont get a buzzer i hope anyway.

sorry for the long post but i had to get that out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was also wondering if anyone had the offical specs for the C6400 according to the BB website here in Canada the C6400 and the C550 have the exact same specs I mean that really cant be right can it????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here, please keep us posted!

BTW, I saw the pk950 and I gotta say that the filter works nice on blacks. Its also thin and at the same price as the c6400 @ BB. I am in canada btw!

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demorion /forum/post/18584582

Baa! now i cant decide between the sammy c6400 or the lg PK950 the LG seems to be superior. Any comments??

Only that I feel extreamly lucky to have replaced my 850 with a new Pioneer PRO101FD and in Canada at that. If that option were not available to me I would have had a hard time throwing money Samsungs way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If only i had the money for a high end pioneer they are really really nice im trying to get the better of two evils here at my price range sad really...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished my first year on my 58B540. No buzz.

Now I will admit that after I read through some of this thread, I forced myself to try and hear it, and heard something I think was buzzing, but that was only when I placed myself 2 feet directly in front of the screen. As soon as I moved back even a little, or to one side, it disappeared.

Of course I then went and listened to my two small cheap LCD's and my old CRT and heard noise there as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyp /forum/post/18588537

I just finished my first year on my 58B540. No buzz.

Now I will admit that after I read through some of this thread, I forced myself to try and hear it, and heard something I think was buzzing, but that was only when I placed myself 2 feet directly in front of the screen. As soon as I moved back even a little, or to one side, it disappeared.

Of course I then went and listened to my two small cheap LCD's and my old CRT and heard noise there as well.

DIRECTIONAL STAR TRECK LAZER BEAM BUZZ issue is not on all Samsungs!!

Consider urself lucky!

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadache /forum/post/18588712

DIRECTIONAL STAR TRECK LAZER BEAM BUZZ issue is not on all Samsungs!!

Consider urself lucky!

We've been over this. Thinking that some B series dont buzz while others do is what convinced me to try multiple sets. I still firmly believe that they all do. Its just a question of whether or not one can hear it. The fact that I could clearly hear it while my friends in the same room could not was proof enough for me.

Anyway, its my last post on the subject since I no longer own a Samsung Plasma.

Good luck.

·
Registered
515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburgess /forum/post/18589840

We've been over this. Thinking that some B series dont buzz while others do is what convinced me to try multiple sets. I still firmly believe that they all do. Its just a question of whether or not one can hear it. The fact that I could clearly hear it while my friends in the same room could not was proof enough for me.

Anyway, its my last post on the subject since I no longer own a Samsung Plasma.

Good luck.

I have excellent measured hearing and so does my wife and neither of us - nor any of the friends whom we have had over and I (to my wife's chagrin) have asked to listen for it have been able to do so. ..So I do believe it is true that not all suffer from this. My set was made in Feb. 2010. Perhaps that is the difference.

3401 - 3420 of 3454 Posts