AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
My only concern about something like that is because each channel is so large (wide) that it may not sound as uniform as something that expensive should. Impressive, but not worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
344 Posts
hahaha 146db playback damn thats loud... I think the loudsest I know of is still the Electrovoice xds sub that hit 154db hahah but still crazy. You have to be a moron to pay 1mill for a single speaker.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I couldn't get a prospective but these were well known German made That looked like they unloaded a dozen tractor trailers for some Dead concert and they were in a huge gallery in a cave. The ones like practical with a insane price. I don't see bragging rights with them at that price.

·
Registered
22,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16954077

My only concern about something like that is because each channel is so large (wide) that it may not sound as uniform as something that expensive should.

If your HT room has a 40' wide screen, odds are this won't be a problem. Large commercial theaters often use component placement to augment the sound stage in the same way. Highs at the inside, etc. No need for a center speaker.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelf /forum/post/16954574

I'd love to meet the person that buys them.

Or his daughter!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16955004

Or his daughter!!!

She wouldn't be too friendly.

"But daddy, I want an umpaloompa NOW!"

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline /forum/post/16955552

She could also be as fun as Paris Hilton, but hopefully with an IQ of more then 80.

That's being generous, more like 60.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie /forum/post/16955742

Do you have to buy them in pairs? I want three for a front stage.

I could retire for that kind of money.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline /forum/post/16955552

She could also be as fun as Paris Hilton, but hopefully with an IQ of more then 80.

In her current state I would accept Paris Hilton. If she were a line cook at burger king and no loaded parents I would have a problem with her...the morning after.

Back to the speakers, I am sure these cost a ton for the makers, but nowhere near the price they are asking. Wonder how many will sell. Will guess less than 10 individual speakers total worldwide.

·
Registered
22,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/16956848

In her current state I would accept Paris Hilton. If she were a line cook at burger king and no loaded parents I would have a problem with her...

She wouldn't qualify for that job, or be able to handle it.

I would hope that when you buy these, you get in-home setup and calibration included.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts