AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my system just updated. no clue what it did but it had to download an update restart and then download a second update(went to dashboard after the second download.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
You probably somehow lost part of the NXE , it has happend to me several times since the NXE came out (it's a bug) .

- Jason

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Others are reporting this update on forums right now. Major Nelson should be able to tell us what it is for shortly....

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
LOL , so there is a new update ... Oops

- Jason

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
nothing here.. just cut on my xbox

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there's a theory on the official boards that it could have something to do with the NXE preview program but the results are inconclusive. So far the only people who got the update were in the preview(even if it was only a day early) but there are people who were in teh preview and haven't had to update the dash. no update from major nelson either. it's just a little odd.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
Still nothing here either and I am only a couple hours away from MS HQ , usually get the updates here before any other areas .

- Jason

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
My shot-in-the-dark guess: it's for-pay downloadable content (i.e. new threads for your avatar). They stick this **** on our HDDs and then charge us to unlock it.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/15568858

My shot-in-the-dark guess: it's for-pay downloadable content (i.e. new threads for your avatar). They stick this **** on our HDDs and then charge us to unlock it.

I almost forgot i had one, i don't even pay attention to it anymore, and haven't messed with it since they were implemented.

Anyways, no update on my console yet.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/15568858

Uh-no.

They did release new avatar items (as they do every two weeks) but those items don't comve via mandatory updates.

Nor do they charge for them.

Its been two full months they've been doing this and they have charged not one cent for Avatar items.

Have you actually updated to NXE?

Here:
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/...available.aspx

"As usual: All clothing choices are free, and will remain available. It is easy to tell what is new when you are in the avatar editor, just look for the gold star. Any item of clothing with a gold star is new since the last time you signed in."

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/15569610

Uh-no.

They did release new avatar items (as they do every two weeks) but those items don't comve via mandatory updates.

Nor do they charge for them.

Its been two full months they've been doing this and they have charged not one cent for Avatar items.

Have you actually updated to NXE?

Here:
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/...available.aspx

He's thinking of Sony's Home (Beta).

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/15569747

No mention of an update at Nelson's.

DGP might be right; it looks like a false alarm...

too many people got it all at once(and the dashboard revision number does change after updating). 5 minutes after I updated Iand posted this topic an identical topic popped up on gamefaqs forums. It verywell be just a minor update but teh fact that only certian people got it just still seems odd.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I got the update. Never got the NXE early, I'm just your regular plain-Jane, average-Joe, don't call me Shirley user too. I did not enter any super-secret BIOS's, or hold down XAB+LB+RT+RB at the startup.

However, after the update, I could have sworn that I saw two little glowing eyes peering at me from the DVD drive slot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was part of the NXE preview and received the update last night also.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts