AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping that this finds someone who enjoys helping new guys learn. I have a basic question, and I have searched all over the place without finding the answer.

I want to attach a TV and a projector to the same HDMI output from my receiver. Only one will be on at a time. There will be times when I will want to use the TV as the target for gaming etc.

I have in mind a simple switch. I have found a device for $39 that specifically states that both targets may need to be on for either to work. I don't want that. Then there is one for $189 that doesn't say if I have to have the TV on for the projector to work or not.

Is there a little switch that simply physically allows you to select one of two target paths? Any such thing?

My brother convinced me to forgo a 2 HDMI out receiver because he said I could get a cheap switch and accomplish the same goal. Now I wish I spent the extra couple of hundred bucks to have this built in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for not suggesting that I "do a search"...I have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I actually went for the full matrix version based upon the comments and specs. Overkill as I only have one source for the two targets. Wish me luck.

BTW, I was sure to list AVS as the source of my referral.

·
Registered
684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/19526286

Just do a search at monoprice.comd for hdmi switch
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I've tried one of the versions of that model before, and I couldn't get it to fully work. It would work with the projector I was using, but wouldn't work to the tv(50ft dvi-hdmi run), although the cable worked when I didn't use the switcher. I'm thinking it might have been my tv, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts