AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many DVD recorder/players now offer a 1.2X or 1.5X or 2X speed function for PLAYBACK of recorded DVD's. (WITH AUDIO - not "silent")

Has that ever been done on DVR's from any of the cable/satel services ???

My problem is that I record shows, and then never get "time" to watch them cause I always want to also watch live.

I realize some shows may not lend themselves to faster playback, BUT ... MANY shows COULD. (many move rather slow and slightly faster speed would not be a big problem)

The PROBLEM would be that the voice frequencys would also increase, producing a Donald Duck sound. However, there are audio processors that could lower the frequencies, (that was done as far back as the 70's with a cassette recorder).

And since it is being done with DVD players, it COULD be done with DVR's as well; if they wanted to.

I mean seriously, if you also 10X through the commercials, a 30 minute show could be watched in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
My Panasonic Blu-Ray player has that feature and the audio isn't too bad in accelerated mode.

Have never seen that feature available in DVRs or media players. It would be a nice feature to add to such devices.

Should suggest it for future media player updates, like the Western Digital Live models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then HELP me pass the word .... LOL

My DVR is FULL of shows I never have had time to watch ....

With this feature, I can simply record "live" all the time, and watch my backlog of recorded shows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.