AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be heavy into recording music before the digital revolution. I still play around with an analog 8 track. I simply can't stand 1/8 or 1/4 inch plugs. You lose major quality with those inputs. I used to take a radio shack pressue zone microphone, (some may know those) cut the end and wire it to a microphone plug, popped in two 6 volt batteries instead of AA and you got an amazing microphone for 50 bucks.

1/8 and 1/4 were always no no's for recording. Why does sound blaster and most sound cards still use those junky connections for outputs and inputs?

The m-audio cards like the audiophile look very nice and are not that much more expensive. They have the "right" connections for quality sound transfer. Only draw back for my is that I want to PC game in surround sound also. Not sure how those professional studio type cards can handle that.

Is it possible to have a nice home theater card, that is also a good PC gaming card? I know the two formats are different. It's too bad they are so hard to combine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.