Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Here is my dilemna.....I have a Mits46805 which has only 1 input for hdtv which, until Saturday, was where I hooked up my HTPC to (using 5 BNC cables). On Saturday I finally got HDTV through TWC and they supplied a Scientific Atlanta 3100 receiver which I need to route throught the component inputs of my tv - which is the same input i was using for my HTPC. Hence, my problem.

Is there something I can purchase where I can connect both to my set and then just "flip a switch" to switch from HTPC to HDTV?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic!

Thanks for the link Rick. Must put that on my xmas list.

Now all I need to do is find out how to run component out from my computer....anyone....anyone....

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Do a search on Transcoders, or if you don't mind 480P on DVDs and have a Radeon 8500 or 9500/9700, the ATI Dongle

·
Registered
856 Posts
There are some cheap RCA VHDC300 transcoders available on ebay ... people here say they don't work as well as the other options, but I got mine for $40.00 on ebay and it works fine with my HDTV tuner (ProScan PSHD105 ... same as RCA DTC100). The ATI dongle is only $29.00 but it only works (and limited at that) with the ATI's jkaiser listed.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Kei ... if it works for HDTV from the ProScan, what would the difference be when using it for HTPC if I output the same resolutions? (I will be using it on a direct-view Sony XBR, so it may matter less for my use?) I'm not saying you're wrong ... I'm just wondering if you know of any problems/limitations I'll run into.

On a side note (also to Kei) ... any news on the out of stock Avance cases?

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Rick,

For one thing, remember that the RCA model was designed to compensate for the retrace timing problem of the DTC-100/PS105HD. I'm not sure why it causes problems, but I suspect that it is less tolerant as again they considered only one product during the design.

·
Registered
856 Posts
OK good points. When I use my VHDC300 with the ProScan tuner, the tuner gives me the option to select from AudioAuthority, KeyDigital, or RCA transcoders. After I selected RCA, I still had to make the manual adjustment on the transcoder to get the picture centered on the TV. Not sure what that means, but it makes me think the variable is with the TV/monitor more than with the transcoder/tuner (not that I'm an expert).

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Duplicater, from what I understand the H3D's component input is only 480i. If you are trying to pump anything higher into it, it won't work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.