AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need a learning remote that can store 10 different IR codes to 1 key. Can a Logitech Harmony 300 do this? As it's the current cheapest logitech remote at around $30 I think.

My projector Optoma GT720 has a setting called "3D Sync Invert" which is buried in some menu options. But I need to access it quite often.

The exact code sequence I think is: menu, right, up, ok, down, ok, right, ok, menu, menu.

I need a learning remote that can learn these codes. Then allow me to config a single key to send all these codes in sequence.

I searched on the Harmony 300 but the document is very simple. It just say connect the remote to a PC and select the device in the remote software.

Will the Harmony 300 do this? Or I need a different model? Thanks in advance.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
15,374 Posts
Harmony won't unless it's an activity, not a 1 button macro. Even harmony's $300 top of the line model can't do the simple thing you're asking (they purposely removed this functionality in new models). But most other cheap learning remotes will. Radio shack models 15-100, 133, 134 and 135 are on clearance for $5 and will learn the commands in question and you can put them in 10 step macros (15 steps max). There are many other remotes in the $15 to $20 range that will do the same (one-for-all, RCA, URC, Sony, Philips, GE, etc.).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts