AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My older Mitsubishi 65" has only one DTV - RGBHV input along with 3 other standard 480p RGB inputs. I have my HTPC running a VGA breakout cable to the RGBHV input tying up the only DTV in on the TV. It's a 16' Better Cables breakout cable as are all my cables so if you are familiar with Better Cables, you know they provide a jar a Vaseline with every purchase of a foot or more... SO I would like to still use the breakout cable IF possible.

Anyway...

I have an XBOX which has a growing number of 1080i titles I would like to take advantage of in addition to D-VHS, Dish Network and possibly one other device for expansion down the road. That's 3 devices I would like to use on my one DTV input so it's a no brainer to simply get a high bandwidth component switcher. But is there a switcher that will input one RGBHV signal from the HTPC and 3 standard RGB signals and output one standard RGB signal to my TV? I have to manually set my TV in the menus back and forth from RGBHV to RGB whenever I get desperate enough to hook up a different device other than the HTPC. I also have a Denon 3802 and my PS2 and Gamecube are using it's component video inputs so I can't use my receiver for any switching.

I don't understand the full functionality of some the RGBHV component video switchers and I saw a few that looked like they had potential at Digital Connection. Can anyone experienced in switchers shed some light on this for me? I don't mind spending upward of around $300 if that's what it takes.

As of right now, I have my HTPC and a Fushion 3D card. It can't properly display 1920x1080i which as I have been told here is normal. So it seems I am completely shut out of getting ANY kind of real high def if I intent to continue using a HTPC short of buying a whole new projection TV, which I am not willing to do at this time.

any help on this?

thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.