AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When According to Jim came on the hd signal disappeared. I waited to see if the signal would come back and it did not.

Kal,

I decided to call the station and I spoke with Doris. She said that the "department" in charge is at lunch and to call back in twenty minutes, which would be 8 p.m. central time. I told her what the problem was and mentioned your name. She said she would pass the message through. With in 1 minute, the hd signal was back on. (You name must rattle some bones). By the way, the 5.1 DD was working all night. I did call back to thank Doris and she said she called "upstairs" to Dave Mc Clay and reported the problem. Thanks to Doris she took good care of us. A few friends and relatives did call me to ask what was going on (who are new hd viewers due to the hd and 5.1 broadcasts you put out) but were soon happy to see that the problem was quickly resolved. Kal, thanks for having a good team working for you. Do you have any comments?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
When According to Jim came on the hd signal disappeared. I waited to see if the signal would come back and it did not.
Coincidentally, WLS-TV was visiting me at home at that time, shooting video for an upcoming series of news pieces about HDTV. We were doing an interview off to the side during "Jim", so I did not notice this problem, but later, we went back to watching the TV and everyone was noticing that the audio/video on WLS-DT was clearly out of sync. This was a problem on "My Wife and Kids", "Drew Carey" and "Bob Patterson".

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thanks for mentioning the lip sync problem. Although the delay was slight, it was annoying enough that I caved in to my wife's demands to go back to analog Ch 5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.