AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
1, 6, and 9 certainly belong there, but I'm not so sure of the others (although I haven't seen 7 or 8).

Off the top of my head, I would put Guy Ritchie's "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" on there for sure. It's brilliant, a hell of a lot of fun, and has an intricately plotted but perfectly put together script, a fresh distinctive editing style, and a hip soundtrack. Apart from a student short film, it was his first at the helm and really set or raised the bar for British gangster films.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
From the list above, only Orson Welles qualifies IMO.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2007 /forum/post/20826477

Off the top of my head, I would put Guy Ritchie's "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" on there for sure. It's brilliant

Beat me to it, Lock Stock is a lot better than some on the list, a lot, lot better

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Garden State - Zach Braff

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Kane leaves all others so far behind, the list should be the "9 best films by first-time directors after yielding the undisputed top spot to 'Citizen Kane.'" But there are some very fine efforts on the list.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK
Kane leaves all others so far behind, the list should be the "9 best films by first-time directors after yielding the undisputed top spot to 'Citizen Kane.'" But there are some very fine efforts on the list.
True, that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts