AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newest ReplayTV came up with a 10 day grace period....so I figured I'd have it run until it does its maintenance reboot at 7 days and then activate it.

Well, it hasn't reached 7 days yet...and it is stuck nagging me all the time now. It says I have 2 days left, so it has disabled my channel guide until I activate.

Well, I activated, but how long will it be a nagging door stop until I can use it again? At least I didn't try to activate it Friday morning like last time....came home late Friday to find it a door stop, support on the weekend swore that according to their computer it was already activated...but still nothing. It wasn't until Monday that things were finally resolved.

The Dreamer.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I think the nag screen routine of the 5500s causes problems. I used my 5508 for 8 days before activating, and it locked up on me twice, both times while I was in the Replay Menu, and it looked like the nag screen had popped up in the background. No problems since I activated.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a manual connect and I've selected the "Connect Now" button on the nag screen many times....so far nothing.

I charged my $299 for lifetime....though ideally, I would've wanted to wait until Friday...so it would be on the next billing cycle of my card.

The nag screen won't let me into the channel guide at all....and giving me problems with try to access my replay guide (but I can look at from other ReplayTVs).

I noticed that the machine was still recording shows that had already been scheduled...so I guess it isn't a complete door stop yet. When it becomes a total door stop, it won't record at all....

Either way I can view the guide from other machines and still do show streaming.

Hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow, other I guess I'll be calling them after I get back from dentist appointment (I'm not going back to work after it, and I was planning to just plant myself in front of the tube....)

The Dreamer

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDreamer
...I guess I'll be calling them after I get back from dentist appointment ...

The Dreamer
That's like having two dentist appointments in a row!

cow

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I checked this morning....it did a net connect of its own just after midnight (since the last connect was 6:18pm...it did try again like it said it would...though it said it would try again in 4 hours, but close enough).

It shows as one-time fee paid....yeah!

I wonder if I want to convert my other RTVs to lifetime though. Guess it depends on where I expect things to be around mid-2006 (299/9.99)...

The Dreamer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.