AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for watching DVDs. Seating distance is 10 feet from 6-foot wide 16:9 Stewart GrayHawk fixed wall screen. Will the Infocus LP340 be OK? Or will the pixels be visible at this distance (therefore get LP350)?

------------------

Walter

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would guess you will see pixelation with the LP340 at that distance - at least I did.

One idea (which may not work where you are) is to find a vendor with an upgrade policy and order an LP340. If you do find it to be too pixelated, you could trade it in for the LP350. If you find it OK, you will have saved yourself some money. Your eyes are really the only judge that matters.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I saw them both, side by side, at about 10' from a 5' screen. As rickfritz said, it depends on your vision. I didn't really see pixelization until I got about 5' away, but some things, like the moving credits at the end, were better on the 350, even at 10'. Since projectors are getting better all the time, and HD programming is growing, you might want to get in cheaper and upgrade later. If you plan on keeping it for a long time, the 350 may be worth the extra money.

------------------

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.