AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Klipsch RW10D subwoofer a Pioneer elite vsx81txv two rb51 bookshelfs two rf82 towers and an rc52bla center channel. All Klipsch. It sounds good but I feel now that I should have got the 12" subwoofer. Is there a big differance in 10"-12"?

·
Registered
975 Posts
What size is your room in cubic ft? This would include any adjoining rooms not separated by a wall.... This will give us a better idea if you need more sub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockemsockem /forum/post/0

What size is your room in cubic ft? This would include any adjoining rooms not separated by a wall.... This will give us a better idea if you need more sub.

Family room is 187 sq ft attaches to kitchen and eating area 275 sq ft.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Assuming you have 9' ceilings, you have just over 4000 cubic ft to cover. That is a medium-large area, definitely requiring a 12" sub. Probably 2 if you like to get jiggy with it. ;-)

Usually with a 12" driver you have more power behind it, thus raising the SPL level. This definitely applies to budget sub like we are discussing here.

I recently upgraded from a 10" SVS to a 12" from SVS and the difference was very noticable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockemsockem /forum/post/0

Assuming you have 9' ceilings, you have just over 4000 cubic ft to cover. That is a medium-large area, definitely requiring a 12" sub. Probably 2 if you like to get jiggy with it. ;-)

Usually with a 12" driver you have more power behind it, thus raising the SPL level. This definitely applies to budget sub like we are discussing here.

What is a 12" driver?

·
Registered
975 Posts
The driver is the woofer itself. Just another name.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.