AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this on the CP website but no response so far.

Anyone here able to help ?

I just fixed my 10PG by canibalizing a GE imager 601 ( NEC 6pg )

The 10PG wave board ( PWC-3719 72137192 ) was toasted and I replaced with identical board from and imager 601. I believe these to be similar boards as the numbers match up exactly however some of the individual numbers on transistors/ chips do not match board to board.

The 10 Pg seems to run fine now, I just haven't had a chance to test it completely yet.

I read somewhere that when swapping these boards that the firmware etc have to match exactly or else there can be problems.

Do I have to worry since the board numbers match ?

Does a 6PG/ GE 601 and 10PG share the exact same Wave board ?

Also I have a spare Wave board that I aquired from a set of boards that I bought off one of the members that is a PWC - 3719 72137191 ( the only difference in number is the last one is a one instead of a two )

Will this work if I put it into the GE to get it up and running ?

Or will this damage it due to slightly different board number ?

Also I noticed that the system board ( PWC 3717 72137171) in the 10PG and GE 601 are identical ( or appear so ) and I swapped them in this process and they appeared to work fine in either machine.

I was just wondering what boards in the 10PG differ over the GE601/6PG that give it the ability scan/resolve higher resolutions. I was under the impression that a 10PG had similar boards to a 9PG but were different to the 6PG models.

I guess I am just wondering if there are hidden differences that I need to be aware of and if I should be looking for boards from a 9PG to fix my 10PG with to ensure that I am not downgrading it.

thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried to plug in the PWC - 3719 7213719"1" wave baord into the GE 601 and it started up for about 2 seconds then shut off immediately and flashed F8 --- 00---F8 ---00 over and over quickly.

I guess I will need an original version PWC-3719 7213719"2" wave board to get this up and running.

Does anyone have one of these laying around that they would like to spare ?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Jim,

10PG uses 1E7 version (white stickers) on the system board. Might check between the two you have and transfer your 1E7s to the donor system board.

Wave I would keep matching numbers in the set but I do know some will work one way but not vise versa. This becomes a nightmare sometimes on some repairs I go out on 'out of town'. If your swapping boards its a good idea to use a marker on the motherboard connectors and mark the matching set you have including deflection. Might help the next guy down the road as well as the people repairing.

Then you have the Runco versions to worry about also that usually have wave board mods and running switch level 1 as norm. Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.