AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which burial cable would you recommend: The Monster ISAT REFERENCE which I can't find any specs on or Belden 1829BC? Thank You! My first post so I can't link!

·
Registered
21,975 Posts
Why not Home Depot RG6/U? Just trying to save you a few $$.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't buy anything not rated for direct burial. The cost to dig it up and replace it is way more than the cost of the cable.

You can buy good direct burial cable for nearly the same price as standard RG6 (Belden makes a good product) or you can pay 5-10x more for the ISAT reference. Your choice-they'll work the same-only your worms will know the difference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wouldn't DIRECT bury any cable, whether armored, flooded, etc...

Bury some conduit and pull whatever cable you choose into it. You can always easily replace it if you need to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, I'm compulsive/obsessive about my broad band. I do have my present coax in conduit. The neighbors Jack R terriors attacked the cable pod trying to get a mouse or mole and ripped out my cable on a weekend. I didn't feel like dealing with the cable company so I was able to shorten it and still make it to the house. But I want to install burial and have it in conduit.

·
Registered
771 Posts
For less than the price of 100' of monster you can buy 1000' of the belden and go into business selling shorter lengths on ebay.

Try calling your local electrical supply house-where electricians get their parts. They sell a lot of rg6 and cat5 these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.