AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was watching Dark Knight on my newsystem yesterday when I heard my sub (DSP-3100) bottom out - I turned everything off and came on here to see how to check if it was blown or still okay.

I read to push in the dust cap thing and see if you can hear any scratching noises. None were heard so sub is okay in that sense.

However, being a n00b I wasn't sure what to bep ressing on when doing this and accidently dented the dust cap cone 100% concave instead of the convex shape it was.

It's plastic and i've tried the vaccum trick and tape tricks to no avail as they aren't strong enough.

I've also read that it won't affect performance of the sub being like this - true?

Just asking as the threads i've read there were smaller dents and not 100% concave dents.

Thanks.

PS-Yesi knwo im stupid!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLee /forum/post/16931569

if the motor is vented and there is no screen, you can take the driver out, push it from the back with some long object thats not too sharp and it might pop back into shape.

Hey Kyle,

I got my epic 12 back, and it is perfect.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
Just keep in mind that it is exactly what you called it, a dust cap. Not to worry.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
How exactly does a driver "bottom out" anyway? Overdriving it with the volume set too high?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.