AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Holy, and it's even motorized. Is this a decent screen?

·
Registered
341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40xbr700_Owner /forum/post/0

Check out the manual prices. 136" for $109 plus $52 shipping?

I went there to buy it but it is not a 16:9 HDTV format. Would have been great for the super bowl.

Nominal Diagonal: 136"(1:1)

Viewing Size: 96" x 96" (H x ...

Screen Size: 99" x 99" (H x W)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have had my 101" matte white Elite screen since Christmas and so far it has been flawless.

Well other than the fact the along the left side of the screen the white area measures 2" longer than the right side. so it makes it look like it is a trapizoid sometimes.

Most people never even notice it though. I thought about sending it back but I have just learned to live with it.

I got it on sale from TigerDirect so I also didn't want to mess with shipping it back and such.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, TD has this one for $199 now and only $27.50 to ship to me. What do you think? I read some users have problems with the motor after some time. Getting the IN72 this week so I need a screen soon. Was think about going with a fixed screen since I have the wall space but it would be cool to have a motorizied screen for half the price of the fixed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I contacted newegg and was told that, as it states on their web page, the screen does not come with mounting hardware.

Ordered mine from TD - cheaper than newegg, no rebate required, and it comes with mounting hardware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's great that yours came with mounting hardware. Since the website states that they don't, and since the customer service rep told me on the phone that they don't, at this point I don't trust them to include it.

Besides, you are correct in pointing out that newegg is 50 bucks more than TD. I'm not sure why I would pay an additional 50 bucks for the chance to get screwed on the mounting hardware...

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You must be a Tiger Direct employee since NEWEGG is 50 bucks cheaper after rebate

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...890&CatId=2441

and newegg was 200 after rebate. Then lets visit reseller ratings.com

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Tiger_Direct

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg

and if you check elites site it will tell you they come with mounting hardware. I wasn't looking to get in a pissing contest but TigerDirect is one of the WORST companies of all time, and I just figure you for an employee.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, not a Tiger Direct employee - I can just read.

You're comparing two different screens, genius.

The 100UWH is $199 at TD, and $249 at NewEgg. *If* you ever get your rebate from NewEgg, the screens would be the same price. However, NewEgg is notorious for screwing people on rebates.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look at the reseller ratings. I have bought about 50000 of stuff from Newegg. I don't know if there is a better/safer place to buy online...but I don't know who it would be. Tigerdirect has been more than shady ever since...ever since. Newegg has never screwed me on a rebate and I have NEVER heard them doing that to anyone. You are a real beauty. No one bad mouths newegg...they are the costco of online shopping...get a clue

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have been using Newegg for years and never once have I been screwed over by them with rebates. Im not sure where you got the impression that they are "notorious" since its the exact opposite.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my screen from TD today - perfect shape, no hassle, $199 up front, mounting hardware definitely included. Now let me go fill out that rebate before I forget... Oh, right! No need to hassle with the rebate since I'm not an idiot and can do a simple online price comparison!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.