AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my pal has almost completed a procreation cycle and one of the celebratory events calls for a heart warming video display to a group of females. He doesn't have a significant budget to invest in high quality projection, but has come across a number of very inexpensive projectors on Amazon. Are they any good for a casual video presentation?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just picked up a projector off of ebay from a local tech college that gets rid of them constantly. I paid $75 for it. I would think something like that would be more than adequate, and you could even use it for some bonus home theater project when done. I'm not sure how worthy of a home theater project the el cheapo new ones would be, but perhaps they're fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your going to want to invest at least $200 for something that you don't completely waste your money on. Try an find a used PJ with low hours on the bulb. For $200 you will probably get svga if your lucky xga.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They will probably be completely useless unless you are in a completely dark room, and I mean pitch black. I wouldn't worry about resolution or picture quality or anything like that, only the brightness, and the cheap projectors are not bright.

I would try to borrow a very bright office projector somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts