AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my odyssey I started with pioneer sb23w, it's near sonic perfection and it cost only $300, I loved it, but the bass while strong was missing the punch I like. So I stepped up to HK sb26, punchier base, but not near as warm when watching TV and isn't blended as well between the sub and bar, but it's a close battle, if I could take the dub from the HK and match it with the pioneer bar, it would be perfect. Anyway, I next purchased ht-st7, isn't nearly as warm as either the HK and especially the pioneer, but the punchier base and best channel separation for sure. I definitely hear things I missed while listening to the other two. So I'm stuck I'm up to $1000 and still haven't heard the sound I want. PS my in ear monitors are shure se535, and I think it's perfect tone, to give idea of sound I think is quality.

Anyway, I need recommendations, I want pioneer sound and warmth midrange with sb26 base, and son ht-st7 channel seperation. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Edited to add that this is a passive sound bar, and does require separate amplification.

Role Audio - Sampan Sound Bar.  It's at the top of your budget at $999, but they do have B Stock ones for $699, which is what I bought and for the life of me I cannot see any flaw in it.

I just bought mine about a month ago, after seeing mention of it in one of the other forums.  When I visited the website I was rather skeptical about their stated frequency response, but in reading review after review from audio critics and customers I was curious enough to pick up the phone and call, only to get Voice Mail.  The next morning the owner of the company called me back himself, and after talking with him for a few minutes I was convinced enough to pull the trigger.

The Sound Bar showed up the next week, and I of course immediately took it out of the box and hooked it up to my system and started listening to music.  The first 30 minutes or so I honestly wasn't all that impressed, but realizing that there IS a break in period and not wanting to judge unfairly I left my system on and went out for a couple of hours.  When I returned home everything was different, and I couldn't believe that what I was hearing was coming from that little sound bar!

To give you an idea on how much bass the Sound Bar actually produces, I have it connected to a Pioneer Elite SC-63 AVR and the MCACC assigns them as large speakers, while deciding that my much larger Celestion F2's are small.

I previously was using the Celestions as front speakers, but wanted a less conspicious setup, so I moved them to the rear and purchased a set of KEF T301's for the front, which have now been relegated to my home office for use as desktop monitors, connected through another Pioneer Elite receiver.

While I don't really know if it truly gets down to 35hz as stated in the specifications, it does hit deeper than the Celestion F2's I was using, and is as detailed as the KEF's were.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with my purchase, and believe that you would probably be quite happy with one as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts