1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found two TVs that seem to have what I need:

1) The JVC LT-26X575 at $$$

2) The Panasonic TC-26LX50 at $$$

The price difference is negligable. Both are 1080i/720p. Unfortunately, not all the specifications for each set are provided. The differences I can see are that the panasonic is wall-mountable, but has no PIP. The Panasonic has a 3d comb filter, but the JVC doesn't specify its filter. Does anyone have any more recommendations/reviews/information on either of these sets? I really just need it for gaming (360), and it just needs to be good, not outstanding. Audio is a non-issue, as we have 4ft vandersteen speakers we'll hook up to the tv. Thanks for all help.

BTW, I had links, but I can't post them yet. However, B &H had the lowest prices I could find/prices cited.

EDIT>>

no price talk, please. MSRP only

·
Registered
10 Posts
Multiple sites have the JVC as 15ms response time and the Panny at 14ms, which would be bad for gaming, probably a lot of ghosting. Have you seen these sets in person and determined they would be good for gaming?

Disclaimer: I'm new at this, so I could very well be wrong, but that is just what I get from reading the reviews around here. For gaming I believe 8ms or at the most 12ms is perferred. Lower is better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woops, sorry. That was my first post, wasn't aware of the price thing. If 14/15ms is too slow for gaming, can I find a better response rate and stay within this price range?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by njpitcher
Woops, sorry. That was my first post, wasn't aware of the price thing. If 14/15ms is too slow for gaming, can I find a better response rate and stay within this price range?
Maxent MX-26X3 = 12ms

Syntax LT27HVX = 12ms

Samsung LN-R268W = 12ms (this is bordering your limit and that is with a discount)

Sharp LC-26DA5U = 12ms

I just looked at these on yahoo shopping, not sure if they are good sets or not. Anyway they are just a few to get started that have 12ms.

Search the forums to see if they are good tvs or if they aren't. I'm sure there are threads about them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Viewsonic 27" LCDTV now down to $863.00 USD MSRP! Apparently it's "After promotional savings", but this has been the price I've seen in Canada for over 6 months!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My Vizio L32 (32" LCD) is in your price range.

12ms and it works great with my Xbox. As a matter of fact a friend of mine is probably going to buy the same TV after CHRISTmas because he came over and played some NCAA Football 06, and fell in love with the visual quaility.

Games played so far to test it out are....Ninja Gaiden, Ralli Challenge 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, NCAA Football, 2K5 hocky, 2K5 bball, and XIII. This ranges from racing to sports to 1st person shooters. All played very well.

Keep in mind that when you plug up your Xbox to a High Def. TV you must make changes in the Xbox console or it will look very bad. Set to 720P, etc in the Xbox setup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.