AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking for a nice Home Theater Audio system to complement my Toshiba 50HDX82 TV. My room is 25' by 15', and my budget is around $1000 for 5 speakers, a sub, and a receiver. This sysetm is only for TV/DVD/VHS, with virtually no music listening. I think I've compiled a decent system for myself.

JBL N38II Mains - $285

JBL N Center II - $109

JBL N24II Surrounds - $115

Sony WM40 Subwoofer - $170

Pioneer 811S Receiver - $339

Total: $1018

What do you guys think of that system? Is it good? Is it OK that I used tower mains and bookshelf surrounds - would they match? Could I do better for the price?

My other choice for a receiver was the Denon 1803, but I just couldn't fit it in my price range. I could probably stretch it a bit though. Would it be a lot better, or is the 811S good?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have owned JBL N series speakers. I have a mix of Studio and N series now. I use N26 for the rears.

I would not recommend the towers up front. I would go with N-26II `s for the mains with N-24`s for rears. Your receiver is decent but will not be able to control the lows. Set all the speakers to small and put a little more into the Sub if you can.The sub will give you the most impact.

The N26II are a very good budget speaker. They will give you very good sound for the money. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.