AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm most likely going with Martin Logan ElectroMotion speakers for LCR, and Motions for the surrounds, but still looking for a sub. I was considering getting the Grotto I for a sub, but then I read a bunch of reviews that if you want accuracy, it's great, but if you want it for bass thumping during movies, it's not so great.

Any subwoofer suggestions?

My room is about 14' x 20', and this will be using 99% for movies / tv.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I would say Rythmik FV15, Hsu VTF15 are good contenders

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshy
I'm most likely going with Martin Logan ElectroMotion speakers for LCR, and Motions for the surrounds, but still looking for a sub. I was considering getting the Grotto I for a sub, but then I read a bunch of reviews that if you want accuracy, it's great, but if you want it for bass thumping during movies, it's not so great.

Any subwoofer suggestions?

My room is about 14' x 20', and this will be using 99% for movies / tv.

Thanks!
With major output to 20 Hz in mind, I suggest the SVS PB-12 Plus:

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb12plus.cfm

A little pricier than you were thinking, but a very solid design and top notch build quality.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll take a look at them. And 1300 isn't too much more, all my budgets for this are fairly fuzzy, I'm willing to spend more if it's worth it.

·
Registered
9.8.4 = 13 CBT Line Arrays, 8 Sealed 18"s
13,775 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1313176

Did you see this ^

Five subs around the $1000 range compared. That shootout will likely lead you to your huckleberry.

Or just skip that pricerange and jump into something that REALLY pounds...From my experiences --- The JTR Captivator is worth the extra cost.
Check my sig for my experiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.