AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if i can do that or not with epson 5040 projector.

since 5040 can use zoom function, i am wondering if i can do that. if maybe i have to buy a new screen. my room only can use 100inces or less screen.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Still unclear what your goal is. If your goal is to watch 2.35:1 aspect ratio movies on a 16x9 screen, yes you can do that. I used to have a 110" 16x9 screen and would put up masking on the screen when I watched 2.35:1 movies to block out the "black bars". Since I found myself primarily watching 2.35:1 content, I switched to a 115" 2.35:1 screen, which is several inches wider than the 16x9 screen was and also several inches shorter. Now, if I want to watch 16x9 content on my screen, the effective size is about 92".

·
Registered
472 Posts
i guess i have to buy a new screen in order to watch 2:35.1 content
Or build one. Go to display devices, screens and at the top there is a sub menu for DIY screens.

I have a 100” 16x9 screen I am considering replacing with a 120” 2:40. In this case I lose around 3” of height when 16x9 is displayed on that 2:40 screen, but I gain a gloriously wide screen when viewing 2:40. Hope this helps

·
Registered
18,137 Posts
i guess i have to buy a new screen in order to watch 2:35.1 content
Still unclear what you are trying to do. You can watch 2.35:1 content on a 16:9 screen - just like you would do on a 16:9 flat panel TV.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does gain really matter on 4k projector? do i need lower gain for a 4k pj? or i can still keep 1.3 elite screen for it?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Gain matters, it's one of several important factors in determining how bright your image is. With proper HDR (4k) requiring more light than SDR a high gain screen can be helpful, but it also depends on how big of an image you are throwing, the light output of your projector, your throw distance, and how wow well your room is treated for reflections.

Ross

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have 100 inches 1.3 gain screen. is that too bright for it? what gain shall i buy if i dont have any screen yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts