AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this item seems impossible to find, I talked to bestbuy today and they actually told me pioneer was discontinuing it, I find that hard to believe. Any place to find this at a reasonably price?

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
also, do not give up on this. the receiver is INCREDIBLE!!! if they do discontinue this, it will only be because it has so many features and performs so well that they will rename or rebadge these and sell for a LOT more....and they would have no problem getting more money for this beast!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I looked all over the net, noone has them in stock, I'm in the Boston area, BB actually told me they were being discontinued and someone else told me there was a "national backorder", I almost bought one earlier from some outfit in NY that had 'hidden' insurance fees and despite the website saying it had a full manufacturers USA warranty the guy called to tell me it had none and tried to sell me one, canceled...

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
well. i dunno what to tell ya. they are easy to get here in Windsor, Ontario. Best Buy has 4 in stock, and 2 other stores i know have a couple each...but i'm sure once the secret gets out about how great this item is, theywill be gone very quickly!!! i'm still thrilled i got mine for $500.00 Canadian 1 month old from a guy who sold his entire HT setup. what a deal i got! i'm THRILLED!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I'm glad I canceled the order I had with bigondigital as they seemed like a pack of ripoff artists and I called JR and ordered one up for 430, free shipping, but I'll be waiting a week or two until it's in stock there. plasmahouse winds up being 435 shipped and they're not an authorized retailer either, I guess it's worth waiting for JR considering.

·
Registered
467 Posts
According to bestbuy's online site there is at least one available at this location (don't know if it is close to you or not):

Dedham MA 700 Providence Hwy - Route 1, Dedham, MA 02026-6800

·
Registered
32 Posts
i was about to reply that I saw a couple in dedham, ma store about two weeks back even when online inventory was showing none in stock at the store!.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm waiting on a 1015 too; there's plenty in my town right now but they're all god-awful silver. Hopefully the black units will be back in stock soon.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I'm waiting too. It was shown "in stock" for a brief time at Vann's last week, so I ordered. They called the next day to apologize & say they ran out. They promised it'd ship yesterday, but that didn't happen. Someone mentioned in another thread that OneCall expects them in September. Oh well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I was going to get one through J&R and just wait since they had them backordered for a couple weeks but electronics expo had a few in stock this morning for 420 shipped so I ordered one up before they disappeared, probably out by now. Appreciate the responses though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.