AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my buddy just got this and when we hooked it up black and white out of the composite is all we could get. I am assuming the comb filter is bad? So we then hooked up via RGB but got 2 pictures at 640/480. I am assuming this is due to its scan rate and can't accept progressive. So how do I get this image down to just one via my rgb. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
Kman1011 ,

-- have you tried an Interlaced resolution , try 640x480i and see what you get if you can do it [ are you using an HTPC ? ] . Be careful as feeding these units too high of a scan rate can damage them . This unit will not sync at 480p - you are correct .

-- Best Wishes ,

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just his regular pc, should I have him download powerstrip or will this resoltion be standard on his desktop.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He downloaded powerstrip and ran it at 640/400 it accepted the signal but seperated it into 2 pictures still. When switched to interlaced the picture looks garbled. Any help is so appreciated.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
1021Q? Is that the correct model number? There's a 1020Q and a 1031Q, but I've never heard of a 1021Q. So you tried running at 640x400i? Try 640x480i (maybe that is what you meant?). Unless it's a 1030Q or a 1031Q don't try 480p or higher. The 1030Q and 1031Q are the only of the 10xx series that can handle 480p. I don't suppose you have a hardware s-video/composite to RGB converter. That would probably do the trick seeing as though you aren't having luck feeding it with your pc. I've never tried feeding a projector an interlaced RGB signal via a pc. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
AVtoolbox sells one called the CMT-7. It takes s-vid and composite to RGBS / RGBHV / YUV. It also has a built-in digital comb filter. Anamorphic DVDs look pretty nice with it via an s-vid connection. Scanlines much less noticeable and better picture clarity. I used it with my 1031Q thinking it line doubled but it doesn't. Not worth using with a data-grade projector but would be perfect for use with a video-only pj. I could give you a deal on mine as now that I have an HTPC it just sits and collects dust. Either that or you could get it from AVtoolbox -

http://www.avtoolbox.com/cmt-7.htm

I got it for $170 a little over a year ago. Retails now for $159. I'd sell mine for half that as I don't use at all (PM me if you are interested). If I were you I'd still try messing with the HTPC a little more (be careful you don't feed her too high a signal though). Hope that helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone tell me the exact settings for powersterip to be at 640/480I as I am not at the location just relaying the info, thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
If I am not mistaken the 1020 has a video input of 6 to 10 Mhz, so you will also need to make sure the pixel clock is not exceeding that.

Under PowerStrip You can make any mode interlaced by clicking "Interlaced" under the advanced timings page. If the button is greyed out then (as I understand it) your vid card does not support interlaced mode. Make sure your horizontal scan rate is ~15Khz and vertical is ~60 (again under the advanced timings page) and the projector *might* sync up. Dont get too far off or the "poof potential" will be greater. :)

Good luck!

--Kieth

Don't Blame me if the genie comes out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.