AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my sony 1030Q1 into position today fired it up and wouldnt you bet....somethings wrong......when i try to converge it i get a double line at the bottom like a prism.......do a bit more looking and noticed it moved like liquid when the PJ is moved.........I got some air bubles at the top of the crt's....not huge bubbles, but they are noticeable enough. How hard is it to top off the tubes in these....can they be refilled via a needle and syringe while the tubes are still in place? Because ideally thats what i'd like to do and then just seal up the hole.......Any thoughts on how to do it on this PJ? someone here had to do it before.

THanks.

At least I know why i got the PJ for 50$ now.....and all it needs is a little coolant and knowledge

·
Registered
496 Posts
alchemist-

I thought I would offer my $0.02 BTW- You can keep the change. :)

50 bucks is a deal. Congratulations!

Keep in mind a bit of air is normal in these tubes and allows for expansion. I have several 10xx projectors and all of them have about 1/16th inch by 1 inch bubble at the top, so I would say this amount of air is normal. If your bubble is the size I am describing, you can search for posts on masking the CRT. Here is the one I wrote based on tips I have found, just scroll down until you see my comments.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=138983

The tubes can be topped off without removing them. The fluid is Ethylene Glycol, although in other posts it has been referred to it as propylene glycol.

You need to pull the lens block. After pulling the block you will see two screws at the top of each tube toward the middle. Remove them and insert fluid- a syringe works great here. Be extra careful with the gaskets around the screws.

Also- A word of caution. Sometimes there will be crap in the hole where the screws were and when you add fluid the junk (I know, big technical terms here, LOL!) will break free and float inside the tube. If this happens and you get dirt in the tube you will either need to flush the tube (make adapters for the holes and pump fresh fluid through until clean) or do the cut/clean/glue/re-fill procedure.

Good Luck.

--Kieth

Edit tid becauz I cant swell berry well. :)

Dont blame me if the Genie Comes Out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.