Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me :

- Can the version of 1030q that does 26Khz be upgraded to the version that does 32khz? Perhaps by swapping the input board, components, or...?

- what is the serial # cut off for the change from 26 to 32khz on the 30?

- will the 1030 running at 32khz take a doubler? It seems that is should.

- Thought I heard some where there was a version of 1030 that would scan at 36khz? Perhaps just a typo.?

Thanks all.

Kieth

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgive me, I didn't dig enough for my answer. You'd think I know better. :O

I Found:

The 1030q at 32Khz WILL take a doubler w/ no problem.

Serials >501xx scan to 32Khz,

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I couldnt tell for sure Keith, but I heard also that in the 1031Q there is a zener dioed that can be swapped to make it scan to 50Hz which then would make it true HDTV capable.

Im to some extent interested in this because I am getting another 1031Q and would be willing to do some experimenting on it :)

Although Iam not to concerned with HDTV right now Im woundering if my 1031Q looks stunning with a line doubler because it can do 36Hz and doubling runs it at 32Hz if it was made then to go to 50Hz, will it still look stunning with simple line doubling?

SO, I dont think I want to start experimenting now that I think about that :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hey Vic, do you mean 50KHz instead of 50Hz? We are talking about horiz. scan right? I know the vertical scan is 40-100Hz. Man, 50KHz would be nice. Then again so would 150KHz! :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike- Im sure he means Khz.

Vic- Thanks.

I too saw the post about the diode. I'm not so sure I buy it... But at the same time I can almost believe such a mod may be possible because I cant imagine Sony making a major change to the entire board mid production run. I played around a bit; Around 34Khz the convergence board starts to get very hot very fast, so I didn't push it any higher. I suppose it is possible a diode could be part of a regulator circuit, and by raising the voltage (I'm assuming that's what replacing the diode would do) we could prevent transistor saturation and subsequent heating (or failure) associated with the unit scanning faster.

Perhaps someone has the schematic for the 1030q, 1031q, or 2030q? Or perhaps knows more about the rumor of the diode mod??

Thanks,

Kieth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.