AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doh! I just answered a thread on this topic but now that I got a 1030Q1 I realize that the serial number specifications aren't distilled water clear, only tap water clear. Okay, so my serial number is 5010196. Is it capable of 32KHz HSR? The specification is 32KHz if > 501xxxx however bigger than 501xxxx would be 502xxxx. Should the specification be >= 5010000? Or maybe it is 32KHz HSR if the serial is 501xxxx? That seems to make more sence. Sorry for being compulsive about this! I just don't want to toast another 103x! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
16,590 Posts
Mike ,

-- you are the proud owner of the 196'th 1030Q1 built to handle 32khz scan rate .

-- WooHoo !!! :D

-- Mike are you gonna start a collection of 103XQ PJ's ?

-- Best Wishes ,

----- Jason

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A 103x collection, LOL! It certainly is an inexpensive hobby, as far as video projectors are concerned! I picked that 1030Q1 up on eBay for $280 including shipping. Has some cracks and is missing the control panel door, but the tubes are excellent! I thought for sure that it would arrive with a toasted blue or that UPS would kick it around a bit. Oddly enough it did have packaging peanuts in its guts! I had to dissect and dust-bust 'er out.

Haven't heard about a diode swap for increased HSR. Where did you hear that from Kieth?

·
Registered
496 Posts
The diode modification had mentioned in several other posts. I've heard that swapping it will raise the scanning rate, but I don't know. I don't have a schematic to even begin the search, but it would sure be neat if someone could figure that out, or let me know where I can DL a copy of the schematic to try figuring it out. Something tells me it isn't as easy as just changing a zener...

(Just watched a Sony VPH-600 sell for 22 bucks on Ebay. I'm surprised it didn't get more. :eek: )

--Kieth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.