AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone round and round tweaking this thing, it's my first...

Anyway, I've done the lens focus, adjusted focus and screen controls on the flyback, focused looking into the guns, focused looking at the wall, fucused till I can focus no more...But no matter what it's good at cartoons, but really soft on anything else.

There must be some adjustment I'm missing. Whether looking at the crt's or the wall nothing gets the focus "perfectly sharp" or even above soft.

There is no visible wear or burn on the tubes, the picture is stable, convergence is looking good.

If it matters, I'm running this from a HTPC, with an extron 109plus, and converged using Nokia test patterns from PC signal trying to get it spot on.

Are there more adjustments I should "screw" with? Other than flyback and all the adjustments readily seen on the top with the cover off?

Pots on CRT neckboards? CRT neck rings (bet I could really f it up with those), somewhere else?

thanks

Troy

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Yep, you certainly could f it up with those, not to mention f up yourself. Electrons are our friends but too many flowing too fast aren't friendly. :) Did you mess with the electronic focus too? You mentioned you focused the lenses as best you could (mechanical focus).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Get the service manual and then if you are comfortable adjust the magnets. If its as bad as you say you probably cant f it up more. :)

Besides, it sounds like its about the only focus related component you havent twisted. :)

--Kieth

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where can I get the service manual? I don't suppose it's in electronic form anywhere?

All I have are the main convergence pages photocopied from the setup manual, and an electronic copy operations manual for a similar model but not this model from projectorspecs.com or similar.

Must have sharp picture... crosshair patterns in my sleep now.

Is there even a RGB sharpness adjustment somewhere? I can only find composite sharpness.

Troy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.