AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been battling with my 1031 for a while now & I still can’t seem to get it running.

It all started with the normal power up problems, which seems to be common with the 10xx series. I replaced all of the caps on the GA board & still no luck, I then found that the 2SC3163 transistors had blown, so I replaced them.

After I replaced the transistors I thought I had nailed it, the 1031 burst back into life & all was good for about 30 seconds until the transistors let go with a hell of a popping sound.

Any ideas?

Cheers Rob.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well i'm not a guru but...

When you say "all was good" did also the crts light up and display a picture?

Make sure that all replaced caps are the correct type and mounted the right way, also inspect them for damage.

If you decide to replace the 2sc3163 again also check or replace diodes and other transistors nearby on GA board. Some circuits though are quite unique and you may have to replace the whole board.

You colud also check or replace the rectifier diods D2 - D3 and the two big 560uF caps on FA board, but please be careful lethal voltage could be present...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Red5 thanks for your reply.

Yes the tubes did light up momentarily & the caps are sweet as.

I will check out the diodes & the caps on the FA board & see if it’s something there.

Also I have been hounding Eric at PSI for a replacement board but he hasn’t had any for a while, so if anyone’s got a good GA board for sale & would be prepared to ship it to middle earth that would be cool.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
any luck bigdog?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.