AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone know how we could manage the 1031 with remotes (IR or wire) pluged on the knobs (Power on, Brightness, contrast, ...)?

Would be great, wouldn't?

Fred

·
Registered
155 Posts
yes, it would be great...but it'd be a tough job i reckon. Also, the end result would be one heck of an eye sore (with wires coming out of everywhere) :).

How bout an easier task? What's the best way to remotely shut off the 1031? Without the use of the 722 wired remote

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Well, there's remote via wire through the VPR-722 remote and 14 pin CCQ cable. If your 1031Q is ceiling mounted then having a remote is nice. If you're floor mounted, it's not a big deal. But yeah, it would be a nice bell and whistle to have an IR remote to control some operations on the 1031Q. What I'd like to see the most though is multiple aspect ratio control through a toggle between different RGB V-SIZE pots. I wish I had the electronics experience where I could make the mod. Though it cannot be that hard to do.

IR power sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult with that IR kit that Vic was talking about.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Yea there a post somewhere that I posted an IR kit with 12 IR controled relays. I think it would be safe enough if the relays could handle the current. I proposed to insert a relay into my VPH722 and it could then be a manual turn on or IR controlled turn on /off.

ALSO there is another non IR way to go. I need to look at the pin out of the control port again to make sure which pins are wich but the 1031Q when on or off as long as power is feeding the projector outputs 12V at one of the pins. The VPH722 uses that 12V to turn on and off the PJ.

So, you could feed a 12V trigger to the PJ and make it come on or get a 12V power adaptor plugged into a switched outlet at the back of a receiver or preamp and that could trigger the PJ when the power is told to come on via its IR remote. That would be pretty easy I think but may look ugly with out the actuall control cable hooked up to the PJ. You could buy the male and female control cable ends for about 30.00 each and make a 2 conductor 12V trigger cable.

Ill need to look into this if any one is interested. I could problably make one up and sell it as a 12V trigger kit for the 10XX projecotrs.

Interesting idea.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Check out Xantech.com - Left side select products, scroll down to remote control switchers.

Several products here that connect to your av equipment, either by 12v trigger or video signal or IR receiver that can then switch power on/off to your projector.

I use the AC2 fed by composite video signal from my laserdisc.

With discrete on/off codes for the laserdisc each time I turn my system on/off from my MX700 remote it turns the projector on/off. Works every time. Lots of ways to configure.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Cheaper yet:

1) Go to Radio Shack

2) Buy a remote controlled AC outlet ($29.95, I think). Uses a keychain on/off remote with a receiver that looks like an AC wall wart

3) Turn both power switches on on the projector, plug the box in, and away you go.

I've used one in a pub for 2 years now with no problems.

Or buy a Clapper!..:)

Curt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Power on and off the 1031 is OK.

But the Horizontal, vertical, contrast, bright... What about them?

Fred

·
Registered
733 Posts
I understand the question about remote Power (I just use X10) and Horizontal, Vertical (aspect ratio change would be nice). But after initial setup with Avia I never touch my Contrast or Brightness. Am I missing something?

Jawhn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.