AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Iscan V2 to use with my sony 1031q (replacing my VB50 and Extron 120). I am going from the 15 pin output on the Iscan to the 25 pin input on the PJ. I am making the cable myself and am in need of the pin outs. I used the pinout below (obtained from the eboyztoyz site), but only the Green lights up (I took the cable apart and rechecked the connections). I DO have composite sync set on the Iscan. The cables I was using (15 to 9 pin from VB50 to Extron, 5 BNC to 15 pin from Extron to 15 to 25 pin adaptor on PJ) all have the wrong pin combinations. The 15 to 9 cable and the 15 to 25 adaptor were made by Jason Berg. What am I missing?

HD15 -> DB25

---------------------------------------

1 -> 6 // Red

2 -> 5 // Green

3 -> 4 // Blue

6 -> 15 // Red ground

7 -> 16 // Green ground

8 -> 17 // Blue ground

13 -> 3 // Horizontal Sync

14 -> 3 // Vertical Sync

Jawhn

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered my own question.

Turned off Composite Sync on the Iscan and picture appears normal.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Jawhn ,

-- are you saying that my cables have the wrong pin configurations ?

-- correct , you do not need composite sync at the Iscan because the adapter makes the connection composite .

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the wrong pin configurations (bad wording). Your cable and adapter were fine, but the connections are wrong for my current setup. I just need a 15 to 25 pin connector. No combination of what you made for me will do this without the Extron box (which I don't want to use) and the 15 to BNC.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Jawhn ,

-- you should be able to use the adapter with the Iscan just fine [ I used one for a few months and I have sold many to other Iscan users ] .

-- All you need is a standard VGA cable .

-- Jason Berg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a VGA monitor extention cable 15 pin male and 15 pin female but both the Iscan and the adapter have female ends ( I'm sure I could use a gender changer, but I don't have one right now.

BTW: Did you see my other thread "Last 1031Q setup Questions - I hope"

Any Ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.