AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having big problems with the large white pots for width adjustments. The one that you can only use the plastic Radio shack tool to turn. I'm only able to get the green to turn and the blue and red appear to have something missing or broken inside of them. It can't be that the tool isn't grabbing because on the green it's very tight and can actually be hard to pull out and in the red and blue it seems like I can push the tool a little further down but it doesn't grab anything. This is causing me a big headache because. It leaves me with very little adjustment and the red is a ways off. Any suggestions? If I make some serious compromises on raster size and things like that I can get a decent convergence with just using the regular convergence pots but no matter what eventually I want more room to fine tune and get a brighter picture. As always thanks for listening.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Havix,

I feel your pain - I had the same problem on a 1020, so I had to order replacement coils - re-soldered them in and it was great.

The ferrite cores inside the white coils might be cracked, or seized. If the white adjustment tool spins and doesn't grab anything, they're probably stripped / cracked inside.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Did you try heating them? If the hair dryer doesnt do the trick, try the soldering iron as Curt suggested. Just be careful not to melt the plastic of the coil or you will ruin it. If all else fails you might see if someone like Curt has a spare they will sell you.

--Kieth

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot I'll try the hairdryer trick but I think it's stripped :( Anyways it's good to know I'm not the only one who has had this problem before. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.