AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still running the 1031 from the composite input, iscan still not here. Anyway, I am seeing a fluctuation in contrast or brightness, it will jump to a brighter image and then drop back down to a lower level a few seconds later, it does this over and over. Also when the image is brighter it is causing the red to bleed, so is really annoying me in red scenes. To start with I was thinking maybe this was to do with the warm up, but it still does it after the PJ has warmed up for over 1/2 hour. It seems to change from bright to dark randomly, and it is not on the movie as it also does it when I pause the image.

Any ideas???

I am hoping that this is like my last problem, and will go away once I start using the RGB 2 input.

Thanks for the help

Dave

·
Registered
252 Posts
Whats your source?? If its DVD, I would assume Macrovision is doing this. Turn off the macrovision thigamabob on the PJ. Search the forum here and I'm sure you'l find the answer, I don't remember exactly where it is.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The agc switch needs to be turned off. Thay's macrovi$ion, allright.

Marc

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew you were going to say agc switch, agc switch is set to man not agc, this is the correct position for off according to the 1031q setup guide.

If I do have it at the correct position what else could be causing this?

Thanks

Dave

Also if it is Macrovision, I am assuming it should disappear once I switch over to using the iscan, as I have previously been told that the RGB signal cannot carry macrovision.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You might try an off-air broadcast signal or a home movie tape. If the fluctuations continue, its not Macrovision.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
It is, and it should go away with the Iscan.

Marc

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys.

I just tried it with a TV image thru the VCR and it doesn't do it. I also had a DVD which said it was not encoded and that didn't do it either. So it looks like it was damn macrovision. 1031 is a pain unless you run thru the rgb2. Can't wait til Iscan gets here.

Thanks again.

Dave

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
You are NOT running the DVD through the VCR to the 1031 are you? In that case the VCR's agc is the culprit.

Marc

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Just for the hell of it, move the switch a few times. (agc) Maybe it is dirty.

Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.