AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connect my ISCAN to my 1031Q, The image is cut on left and right sides, about 3 or 5% each.

Then the image is horizontaly smaller and doesn't fill the screen.

So what is the best to do?

1- enlarge the image with the horizontal registration to fill the screen,

or

2- move the projector closer to the screen, short the vertical high, and redo the focus.

What's the most indicated solution? It seems, reading other posts that this happens on the 1031 with all the line doublers.

Despite this little problem, the image is great with the Iscan Ultra on this projector, on a 1.1 gain dalite 120' screen!

I just think I'll change it a 1.5 gain screen.

Fred

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Solution 1 is what you have to do. An RGB signal is a differant scan rate and there fore the screen size is smaller and needs to be adjusted.

You can use the main width adjustment to getr the width correct but you will need to correct the height with each CRT's height adjustment. There is also an RGB size adjust ment on the lower board from the convergence board and if you dont have enough adjustment in each CRTs height adjustment pot you can use the RGB control.

What your seeing is perfecctly normal. Also DONT USE THE INTERNAL test patterns when you use a line doubler becaus the internal patterns are displayed at 15Khz and you need 31Khz for line doubled images. Use a DVD test disc or a THX optimode disc to correctly set up your 1031Q. I use the patterns off the Toy Story 2 disc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vic,

I never use the internal pattern, but a french DVD pattern disc "les années laser" from my dvd player through the IScan.

I lack image on both sides.

I'm afraid to move the width coils, but I read it was the solution.

Fred

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
if yourdistance is correct for that size screen(AWFULLY BIG) then i would adjust the width coils if you can't make image wide enough...another area where powerstrip shines.

brickie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brickie,

My image is 120' diag obviously, that means 96' width.

With the Iscan Ultra on the 1031, it shines perfectly and is well detailed , it's not too big.

Fred

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
that is amazing...i ran an iscan series 1 on my 1031 and found there was not enough punch for a image that big...i know the usual recomendation is not to go over 80" wide..but if you like it then,i say rock on.

brickie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.