AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Why? Are they in that bad a shape? I hate to see a 1031 parted out.

Any good lenses?

Marc

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
What parts are good, and what aren't? I wouldn't mind a working 1031 with bad tubes, and I could also use a top cover (the whole top half of the case not just the flat part) and a faceplate.

Troy

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Me too, if a set is complete and either not working or with bad tubes, I'll buy one or three..:)

Curt

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres the deal. All three of these were working before they slid off a pallet at the warehouse. All three have casing and chassis damage so I wouldn't count on cosmetics. Other than a missing blue tube most parts are still intact. One even fires up and stays on! (The guns all light but won't take a signal) I'd like to get rid of all three as is if someone makes a reasonable offer.

Rick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would anyone care to elaborate on what it would take to convert a 1030 to 1031 to accept line doubling. Yes, this is my first post, I have been watching this forum for a few weeks, after buying a 1030 with a

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
You can't convert a 1030 to a 1031. I looked into this. The boards and wiring harnesses are different. I have both side by side to examine this. Too bad, I had the same idea. I think it IS possible to modify the 1030 to do this, though. I have not gotten this far at this time due to other projects, but there were other posts on this topic.

Marc

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can you direct me to some of those posts, I have seen references to this, but I cannot seem to hit the right words to find anything out on modifying the 1030.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I don't think anyone has successfully done this actually. I have both machines also, though my 1030q1 is the later model. I have looked at schematics for both and they have many variatons in actual components not just in one area but all over. The boards are available on sony parts online and most boards have different part numbers between the two.

Your closest option would be to use the good tubes you have to fix a 1031q with bad tubes.

Troy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.