Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!!

I haven't posted in a while- I've been working on getting my system together and trying to work things out on my own a bit without bugging everyone. My HTPC is working well now (Duron 950, Radeon 7000) and the pj (1031q) is pretty well converged and looking great!! I have a couple issues I may have to ask about though. Here's my first- when the pc is booting the projector can't lock into sync all the way through the bootup and Windows Splashscreen until it kicks into 640x480. I suppose this isn't even a bad thing because the rolling picure won't cause screenburn *g* But it's annoying, and it seems odd that a data projector couldn't latch onto regular DOS and VGA outputs. Is this typical for a 1031??

Fred

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
-- actually it would be best to allow the HTPC to boot before sending the improper sync to the PJ [ switch the PJ on after the PC boots / powerstrip loads ] . Bad sync can damage these units !

-- I get sync at initial boot and it stays locked so maybe you have another issue .

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
451 Posts
That is wierd. I would agree don't turn on the projector until you are at the correct resolution. When a PC boots it is typically 32Khz horizontal until the OS does something else. If you have your settings in Windows set to 640x480 @ 32Khz then who knows. If you have bumped up the refresh rate and then you did the convergence, set pots, etc.. and it syncs fine, then the lower refresh rate on boot is causing the projector to not sync correctly. Get the projector to sync on boot and I bet it doesn't sync in Windows...anyway if at anytime it is higher than 36khz, then that is bad...

-Audiophil

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would you get the pj to accept a lower refresh rate if it doesn't automatically??

Fred

·
Registered
451 Posts
What I was trying to say is that since this projector is analog if you have the pots set too close to max or min settings for one refresh rate it may not sync properly to another rate. Not much you can do except adjust it for each sync rate. One of the very few "bad" things about the 1031Q. Otherwise it is an excellent CRT projector for home theater.

-Audiophil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.