AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were watching a movie tonight and just noticed that there is a thin black line running across the entire width of the screen on the RED tube only. I can't imagine what it can be from.

Anybody? Help!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A quick PS - both the RGB in and BNC (line) in show the same line. Damn. That would have been a bit easier, I think.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just took the cover off and fooled around with some switches.

The "tilt" switch turns the black horizontal line off and on.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
It's caused by too much correction. Try reducing keystone. The best approach is to properly set up the projector. This has been covered lots of times before. A quick search will reveal various threads and answers to this issue. There's nothing wrong with the projector, you are just pushing it a bit too much.

Marc

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
MAN it must be pushed very hard because I have messed with mine to the extreams and have never seen that one !

Yea, I support TINMANS assesment, these machines are rock solid if they are set up correctly from the get go. I never took much time with my first 1031Q and it needed constant attention. I retubed my second unit and it is now MINT all around. After retubing I had no choice but to set everything up 100% and now the results speak for them self!

Check and recheck that you are at the correct throw and the screen is at the right position for the deflection angle so that you are not pushing keystone to the max!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
what's up?i can tell you don't feel bad,i too had this problem...i was messing with pots and next thing i know it was there...i wish i remembered exactly what pot it was i turned to fix it,but i dont...it CAN be resolved with no problems though..

brickie

p.s. the pot if i recall was on the convergence board,it was not a convergence pot for RGB...i don't think...beleive it was too the top of the white plastic that surrounds the convergence pots...

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
THAT'S the one!

Marc

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give it a try.

I'm sitting here with my wife and she's just amazed....

THIS FORUM AND THE PEOPLE ON IT ARE OUTSTANDING.

Thanks,

kris

·
Registered
16,646 Posts
hehe , yeah that 'magic pot' is cool stuff huh dude ...

-- I discovered that adjustment many months back but thought it was of little to no use , I guess I now know better ;) .

-- Jason Berg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used the "magic pot" (read: NOT funny grass) and things look great!

Thanks again, folks!

Kris

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
glad to hear things worked out for you.

brickie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys!

I found the "magic pot" on my 2030.

Does anyone know how it works?

Since I changed lenses to HD-144s the whole contraption tilts forwards ( these glass-suckers are heavy but good ) and I have to correct a lot.

Maybe it's time to get a better mounting device.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.