AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mrs walked out of the room for a sec and heard a loud POP back in the den. She looked back in the and 65738 had sound but no picture. She called me at work and I had her turn it off until I got home.

Hopeing it was the bulb, 3 phillips screws later I was somewhat happy to find the original bulb's center element was shattered. It had 10500 hrs on it.

I ordered the replacement from MIts and it fired up and works great. Had to turn down several settings. We didn't realize how much the original had deteriorated

A search didn't give me a definitive so I'll ask, can the lamp hrs be reset?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfandt  /t/1520013/10500-hrs-on-original-bulb#post_24413483

The Mrs walked out of the room for a sec and heard a loud POP back in the den. She looked back in the and 65738 had sound but no picture. She called me at work and I had her turn it off until I got home.

Hopeing it was the bulb, 3 phillips screws later I was somewhat happy to find the original bulb's center element was shattered. It had 10500 hrs on it.

I ordered the replacement from MIts and it fired up and works great. Had to turn down several settings. We didn't realize how much the original had deteriorated

A search didn't give me a definitive so I'll ask, can the lamp hrs be reset?

No, you can't reset the lamp hours. You CAN keep track of total hours though. Since you said you had 10500 hours (WOW!!!) on the original lamp guess you know you find total hours by pressing MENU then 2470. You have keep track of the hours on the lamp from that point.

Ed

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It's actually set hours not lamp hours. It's rather dumb actually because when I replaced my main board it reset back to zero, so my set actually has more hours than shown. And everyone should have a spare lamp on hand. And they usually become noticeably dim at 5000-6000 hrs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts